Livermore, CA 1957-1994
Sandia National Laboratories – Livermore was established to coincide and help with the work conducted at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory. By 1958, SNL-Livermore had over 800 employees and their primary mission was to design and test non-nuclear components that were created at the lab. In the 70’s, laboratories began moving from weaponry engineering and pursued combustion research and alternative energy. External and internal exposure may have been present to worksite employees due to ongoing nuclear designs and tests.